Translate

Wednesday 10 July 2013

30 Day Blog Challenge - Things that make me uncomfortable









Day 3 - Things that make me uncomfortable.
There are lots of things that make me uncomfortable, but the main culprit has to be men looking at me. It’s not something that happens often, but when it does, it’s usually unwelcome attention because they either smell, have rotten teeth, are older than Jesus, or questionable morals. Sometimes they have all three qualities – or lack thereof. 


Also, you know that feeling you get when you’re walking ahead of a group of men? It’s awful. I always assume people’s thoughts of me are the worst, so I end up walking like a chimp on speed. It’s not attractive. 


Other parents telling their kids off when I have no problem telling my own makes me really uncomfortable. I invariably feel bad for them and want to hug them - the kids, not the parents. 


Kids hurting themselves through accidents can make my skin literally crawl. 


I don’t accept compliments from anyone very easily. 


I don’t like working for other women. Women can be bitches and they usually see me as a pushover and treat me like crap. The older I get, the more able I am to handle this, but I find it incredibly uncomfortable. By the same token, I have worked for some wonderful women, so I can’t complain too much. 


I find large crowds and new people difficult to cope with. It’s getting better because I am forcing myself to deal with my inhibitions, but I have a way to go yet. 


Check out the other ladies taking part in the challenge! 





No comments:

Post a Comment