Translate

Wednesday 10 July 2013

30 Day Blog Challenge - What do I do?








Day 6 - If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question, 'what do you do'? 

The answer to this is simple: I am a mother. I am a full time mum to my twin boys, Charlie and Harry. I am also a full time carer for Charlie. Apart from having ARPKD with hypertension, he is also autistic. These things combined means I have a bit of a job on my hands. In truth, I am so ready to go to work, but this is one of those months that proves I can't. This July brings nine, yeah, you read it right, nine hospital appointments. We're waiting on one more. His needs range from the complex to the simplest of things. He still struggles with doing up buttons, for example. He's eleven. These are basic things, but I'm not sure how much I want to put here, because these are not the things that define him.


Apart from being a mum, I'm a wannabe counselor/psychologist, and a chef. I dream of owning a bloody burger van, for goodness' sakes, but above all, I want to be able to help support those who found or will find themselves in the same position I did over eleven years ago when I was told my son would likely die, and when he didn't, I was told he had a very serious illness that would be with him for life. I had no outside professional support. I believe in the power of talking as therapy. 


Check out the other ladies taking part in the challenge!



No comments:

Post a Comment